Monitor Audio Silver C150 (6G)
Monitor Audio’s Silver C150 dialogue speaker is designed primarily to partner the smaller stand-mounts and floorstanders in the range, being carefully voiced to complement the timbre and balance of the Silver 50 and Silver 200 models; guaranteeing consistent sonic character. The compact Silver C150 is diminutive enough to position easily under most AV racks and on cabinets, without resorting to a dedicated stand.
The compact Silver C150 centre-channel speaker sits at the heart of your surround-sound system and features two of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM bass drivers in a familiar three-driver configuration. The system has been designed electrically to be a two-and-a-half way configuration, which provides better dispersion and elimination of the central ‘dead spot’ exhibited in the typical mid-tweeter-mid (MTM) configurations. The brand’s new C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter delivers articulate dialogue and crisp dynamics to movies while complementing the quality of the new Silver range effortlessly.
The Silver C150 has been carefully tuned to match the timbre of the other speakers in the range, resulting in a consistent sonic character across the front channels of a home theatre system. Drivers have been optimised for use in a sealed box enclosure, ensuring installation close to a wall or in a restricted location will provide excellent and consistent results.
- Two-and-a-half way, three-driver MTM configuration
- Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in your AV rack, restricted voids or even close to a wall
- New 25 mm C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
- Dual 5¼-inch bass and bass/mid drivers featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cones mean better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Cast polymer driver chassis design for maximum rigidity and damping characteristics
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers using premium-grade bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction using scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology provides increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra-low profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings for clean visual styling when fitted
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Selected premium-quality wood veneers, high-gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes
- Acoustically matched to Silver Series models for excellent imaging and consistency of timbre in surround applications