Monitor Audio Silver 500 (6G)
The incredible Silver 500 floorstander from Monitor Audio features a pair of powerful, long-throw 8-inch C-CAM bass drivers in each cabinet, delivering punchy bass right down to an earth-shaking 30 Hz alongside exquisite treble and captivating mid-range. With this masterpiece, we guarantee you won’t need an extra sub to deliver the most demanding music tracks to the full.
While assured of incredible scale and breath-taking dynamics from Monitor Audio’s bespoke bass drivers, you are guaranteed clean mid-range, without a hint of distortion, and a delicate, detailed treble thanks to perfect drive unit matching. All bass and mid-range drivers feature the Silver Series’ signature RST Cone profile.
High overall sensitivity and easy loading make the new Silver 500 easy to drive and capable of delivering amazing results in your audio system. In fact, a modestly powered high-quality amplifier is all you need to fill a large room with volume levels that approach live music. And, with just 12 inches (30 cm) needed between the speaker and wall, to allow the system to breathe and perform optimally, the Silver 500 is perfect where space is tight.
- Three-way, four driver configuration (both electrically and acoustically) allows drive units to be optimised to deliver high efficiency and lowest distortion
- New bespoke 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially-developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap ensuring incredibly low distortion
- Dual 8-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Unique-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increase the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity. Cast polymer driver chassis design – improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology means improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling gives highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers featuring premium-grade bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors equate to maximum signal transfer and zero distortion
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology provides increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra-low profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings for clean visual styling when fitted
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Terminal panel located at floor level for easy termination and neat cable access
- Out-rigger feet (spiked, or rubber for hard flooring) provide attractive appearance while taking up less floor space
- Selected, premium-quality wood veneers, high-gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.