Monitor Audio Silver 300 (6G)
The Monitor Audio Silver 300 floorstander retains the familiar award-winning configuration of its predecessor, with several crucial improvements to drivers. The full three-way design delivers class-leading mid-range, while a pair of long-throw 6½-inch bass drivers work together to produce incredible power from the tall, but slim cabinet design, making it the perfect choice for serious audiophile and AV installations.
The three-way configuration allows each driver to be optimised to do a better job over a narrower frequency band; the only real way to deliver elevated performance in every respect. Superlatively natural mid-range comes courtesy of a dedicated 4-inch driver, specially designed with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system. This technique ensures the voice coil always remains in the magnetic gap under all conditions for demonstrably lower distortion than usually found at this level – an advance which can be immediately heard.
Coupled with higher overall impedance and better overall system damping, the cabinet can be placed close to a wall. However, this is a serious audiophile speaker, capable of delivering seismic levels of bass extension. For optimum performance, a distance of just 12 inches (30 cm) is needed between the speaker and wall, allowing the system to breathe and perform optimally. High overall sensitivity makes this new Silver 300 easy to drive with a modest, high-quality amplifier delivering precise, dynamic music or film to fill a medium to large room.
- Three-way, four-driver configuration (electrically and acoustically) allows the drivers to be optimised to deliver higher efficiency and lower distortion from a cabinet of this size
- New 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) featuring vented Neo magnet system has been optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap, ensuring very low distortion
- Dual 6-inch bass drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile means better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Unique-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increasing the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity
- Cast polymer driver chassis design results in improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology for improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling gives the highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors ensure maximum signal transfer
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction utilising scientifically-optimised cabinet bracing
- Single bolt-through driver technology provides increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Ultra-low profile grilles featuring invisible magnetic grille fixings for clean visual styling when fitted
- Bespoke, high quality bi-wire terminals
- Terminal panel located at floor level for easy termination and neat cable access
- Out-rigger feet (spiked, or rubber for hard flooring) provide attractive appearance while taking up less floor space
- Selected, premium-quality wood veneers, high-gloss lacquer and contemporary Satin White finishes.