dCS Rossini Player
Combining DAC, music streamer and CD transport, the dCS Rossini Player brings the most advanced dCS technology into a single, elegant design, providing a complete music system renowned for its precision, composure and musical purity.
Powerful and graceful too, the Rossini renders music with the utmost precision and care, delivering a fluid and natural sound without the slightest hint of harshness or glare. From the softest strings to the sharpest brass, and the quietest intake of breath, it unearths each aspect of a recording to reveal a performance that feels layered, lifelike and whole.
No matter how complex the music, it never loses its composure, or its sense of rhythm and flow, tracking even the swiftest shift in dynamics and pace with a sense of utter control. With its unshakable focus and astonishing insight, it presents a holographic view of a recording, and the atmosphere and space in which a performance takes place.
Designed and hand-assembled at dCS headquarters in Cambridgeshire, England, the Rossini is born from meticulous craft, exhaustive development and an obsessive attention to detail – a relentless pursuit of musical purity that has inspired dCS to push the limits of sound reproduction.
An esteemed cohort to the renowned Vivaldi system, it features the latest generations of the pioneering Ring DAC, custom clocking architecture and digital processing platform – a unique combination of hardware and software that is unrivaled in its sonic and technical performance.
Combining robust engineering with an elegant aesthetic, it is built to withstand even the most intensive use and deliver a truly immersive sound at all levels and outputs. With its flexible, future-proof hardware, it’s a system that can grow and evolve, delivering a state-of-the-art listening experience for years to come.
Compatible with all high-resolution music formats, from DSD to PCM, DXD and MQA, the Rossini is a system that can flex to serve whatever mood or music you ask it to. Whether you’re streaming or spinning discs, it provides stunning sound and an effortless listening experience. The Rossini Player provides instant access to music from a wide range of sources – including streaming services, external devices and storage drives. In addition, each system offers internal upsampling and a choice of filtering options, allowing you to tailor its performance to suit your listening setup and musical tastes.
Playback is easily managed via the Mosaic control app, which allows you to browse music from multiple platforms – including Roon, TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer, Spotify, Internet Radio and Apple Airplay – and control all of the settings on your system through a single, intuitive interface.
PLAYER KEY FEATURES
- Latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform brings state-of-the-art signal processing and flexibility
- dCS Ring DAC fitted, as used in the flagship dCS Vivaldi digital playback system
- High quality streaming from TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer and internet radio via the dCS Mosaic Control app
- Roon Ready, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and UPnP compatible
- USB, AES, Dual AES and S/PDIF digital audio inputs
- Integral, high quality CD transport for silver disc playback
- Multi-stage DXD oversampling design with optional DSD upsampling; user-selectable DSP and DSD filters
- Auto clocking system improves ease of use and minimises jitter
- Multi-stage power regulation and twin mains transformers isolate analogue, digital and clock circuitry
- Firmware-upgradeable for future functionality and performance upgrades
- Features a full MQA™ decoder. This MQA™ implementation is unique, as it is the first opportunity to enable a DAC which, by providing exact rendering to beyond 16x (768 kHz), matches the desired temporal response with very low modulation noise